Thursday, October 23, 2014

I am NOT the Same Susan Allred that wrote Beyond the Wall

Just to make a few hazy points clearer, I am NOT the same Susan Allred who wrote 'Beyond the Wall'.

Yes, I am a writer.  No.  I am not a published author...yet.

I do write mystery games though.  And I actually sell them.  Does that make me a paid author?  Hmm.  That may be up for debate. You can see some of my work at www.whodunnitmysteries.com .

But as far as publishing a book.  Nope.  I'm not there yet.  Though, admittedly, I haven't even tried to pitch any of my books to a literary agent or a publisher yet.

I respect this trade, and there is a gigantic learning curve for someone like me who has never done any serious writing up until 2  years ago, and has no degree in literature, English, or similar subjects.

I respect this craft, and therefore take my work seriously enough to know that there is much I must learn before I can be arrogant enough to think that I should ask someone to take time out of their busy schedule to read my stuff.

A) Because there are hundreds and thousands of other aspiring authors requesting the same.

B) Because I want the reader to be so enthralled with my book that they want to sit and read the WHOLE THING. Not just a couple measly pages.  But that's just me.  :)

So, I will continue to write this little blog of mine, and keep plugging away at my many manuscripts and learning every little detail there is to learn about not only writing, but being an excellent writer.

Maybe sometime soon, I will be able to announce that I'm going to be published though.


Soon.   Very very soon.  (maniacal laughter in the background).


P.S.  I'm up to 16,000 words on my 3rd manuscript!!  It's coming along!

No comments:

Post a Comment